This time of year brings adjustments, stresses, and changes to your family. Children will have nerves and excitement as a new school year approaches. This is an important time to make sure you focus on yourself and assist your children understanding how to focus on health and well being.
A few guides that you can focus on are:
- Eat protein in the morning. Don’t skip breakfast. Eating a good source of protein like eggs, whey protein shakes, or whole grain toast with almond butter will give your body a great start for the day.
- Get enough quality sleep. Most kids have a hard time adjusting to the school schedule due to the summer vacation. It can help to ease them back into the new schedule by getting them to bed earlier a week before school starts. There are many natural homeopathics to help with this transition.
- Exercise daily/ moderate exercise 3-5 times per week. Movement is a great way to benefit the cardiovascular system, balance the mind and promotes better focus.
- Remember your Probiotics. Not all probiotics are the same. There are a few good brands, which are great at keeping the good flora in the gut for a healthy immune and digestive system.
- Spend time reflecting. Meditation, setting intentions for the day and discussing at least one thing you are grateful for each day can set the mood for the day. Kids are very aware of intentions at an early age.
- Wash your Hands frequently to prevent the spread of germs and viruses.
Dr. Christina Kovalik is a family care practitioner. She loves to educate and empower families to make healthier lifestyle choices. Please feel free to contact her regarding your family health and wellness.
Contact: Dr. Christina Kovalik
Business: Dr. Christina Kovalik
Phone Number: (602) 434-7922
Web Site: http://www.drchristinakovalik.com